Mountain Vista Medical Center Helps Busy Women Seize Control of Their Health with Free Women’s Health & Wellness Expo on Saturday, May 6
Overextended. Overstressed. Overworked. These words are a reality for many women who are living in overdrive, taking care of their families, working 40+ hours per week, and ensuring their household is running smoothly. And while they’re well aware of their long list of responsibilities, not many are aware of the health status of their own bodies.
To help them reconnect with their bodies, minds and spirit, Mountain Vista Medical Center is holding its third- annual Women’s Health & Wellness Expo on Saturday, May 6, from 8 a.m. to noon.
The FREE event will offer a true 360-degree view of women’s health, covering wellness topics that most impact females of all ages. During the expo, women will have the chance to undergo health screenings and learn easy-to-implement tips to improve their health and wellness.
In addition to the screenings, the event will feature several free seminars about a variety of important women’s health and wellness topics, including:
- Women’s Health at All Ages, presented by Marla Vogt-Roberts, CNM (8:30 a.m.)
- Depression and Anxiety, presented by Suzanne Northey, M.S., LMFT (9:05 a.m.)
- Understanding Infertility, presented by Manisha Purohit, M.D. (9:40 a.m.)
- Healing Your Body Through Food, presented by Jaime Parker, Ph.D., C.P.T. and Victoria Barrios, C.P.T. (10:15 a.m.)
- Make Over Your Kitchen for Better Health, presented by Jaime Parker, Ph.D., C.P.T. and Victoria Barrios, C.P.T. (10:50 a.m.)
- Preparing for Pregnancy and Understanding High-risk Pregnancies, presented by Holly Todd, WHNP and Richard Blumrick, M.D. (11:25 a.m.)
The hospital also will offer health, wellness and beauty exhibits including express facials, chair massages, and mini makeovers with beauty tips and manicures. Brunch items and mocktails will be served throughout the morning. As well, there will be special performances by the Phoenix Suns’ Golden Grannies and the Phoenix Mercury Hip Hop Squad.
Busy moms (as well as dads, expectant parents and caregivers) can also find a little more peace of mind when it comes to their little ones by having their child safety seat checked by a certified child safety seat technician and obtaining educational materials for infants and children. Appointments are required.
Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 8 a.m. to noon
Mountain Vista Medical Center, 1301 S. Crismon Rd., Mesa, AZ 85209
(Just north of the U.S. 60, at Crismon Rd. and Southern Ave.)
The event will be held in the Outpatient Lobby Entrance, which is located on the east side of the hospital.
To register for this FREE event, visit mvmedicalcenter.com/womens-expo or call 1-877-924-WELL (9355). Individuals who pre-register for the event will receive additional tickets for prize drawings at the event.