Weight Loss Surgery and Treatments at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital and Mountain Vista Medical Center
The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management at Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital and Mountain Vista Medical Center is multidisciplinary weight management program that features preoperative education, weight loss surgery, nutritional education and guidance and postoperative support---all designed to help you achieve and maintain your weight loss goals.
Ready to get started? Take the first step in your weight loss journey by signing up for a seminar or participating in our webinar.
Connect with the Bridges Center
The Bridges Center is on Facebook! Connecting with the Bridges Center on social media gives patients and potential patients the opportunity to learn more about the journey of weight loss surgery, hear from other patients who have gone through the process and to share milestones of their own within our close-knit community. Followers also get-to-know the team members at the Bridges Center and are able to ask questions pertinent to them.
Like us on Facebook!
Why Choose The Bridges Center?
- Our weight loss surgeons are board-certified in bariatric surgery and leaders in their field.
- The Bridges Center has a proven track record of more than 900 surgeries a year.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Body mass index (BMI) is a mathematical measurement of a person’s weight in relation to their height. It is used to determine if a person is underweight, at a healthy weight, overweight or obese. Determining your BMI is an effective way to find out if your weight puts you at risk for serious health issues, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and sleep apnea.
Calculate your BMI by using the calculator below to see your Body Mass Index number. Then reference the BMI Table to determine your category. If your BMI is over 40 (and, in some cases, over 35), you may be an eligible candidate for surgical weight loss at The Bridges Center for Surgical Weight Management.
Please Fill Out The Information Below
Should I Consider Weight Loss Surgery?
Participate in Our Webinar
Weight Loss Classes and Support Groups
Hearing from others and gaining the support of people going through the same process as you can be a powerful thing. Classes are held at the Bridges Education Room, Suite 105 and are free of charge.
For a complete class schedule listing or to register for an upcoming class or support group, please contact your patient advocate or Bridges Center at 602-251-8828.
The Bridges Center Team
In addition to board-certified bariatric surgeons, the Bridges Center team also consists of knowledgeable health care professionals --- all dedicated to making your experience with the Bridges Center a positive one. Our staff includes:
- Assigned patient advocates to walk patients through the insurance process and various consultations needed pre and post-surgery.
- Registered dietitians to provide patients with nutritional guidance throughout their journey.
- Bariatric trained registered nurses to provided specialized care for patients during surgery.
- Psychologists to assist patients with the psychological support needed throughout the journey.
- New to Bridges, a Family Medicine Physician Board Certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine, also known as a Bariatrician, to assist with the management of obesity health.
A Letter from Our Medical Director